Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Jan 30, 2024.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: Suspect in Herndon area shooting also linked to fatal shooting in Woodbridge, police say | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:15 am: Conversion of Sheraton Tysons Hotel into multi-family housing approved | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:00 am: Athletic fitness facility warms up for grand opening in Reston next month | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:45 am: McAlister’s Deli, unnamed ‘national grocer’ coming to Old Keene Mill Shopping Center | 🗣️ Comments
- 12:45 pm: FCPD searches for driver behind now-fatal Springfield hit-and-run crash | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: NEW: The St. James to shutter Reston Town Center gym soon | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Gaming playground with food and craft brews coming to Tysons Corner Center | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: Design work on southern GW Parkway and Mount Vernon Trail upgrades can begin | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Wednesday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
- 5:00 am: VHC Health Open House at West Springfield
- 6:00 pm: Board and Brew
- 6:30 pm: Quilt Block of the Month: Strip Piecing for Beginner NEW CLASS!
- 7:00 pm: Rotary Tool Sign-off
🌧️ Wednesday’s forecast
Expect scattered sprinkles and flurries before 8am, transitioning to sprinkles between 8am and 2pm. The day will be mostly cloudy with temperatures reaching around 45°F, while winds start light and variable before turning north at about 6 mph in the afternoon. The night will continue to be mostly cloudy, with lows around 34°F, and a north wind at 5 mph, which will later become light and variable. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Good Wednesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Nearly two years after updating its vision for the future of McLean Central Park, the Fairfax County Park Authority is ready to start work on some of the planned upgrades….
After a soft opening in early February, Down the Line Sports Center will officially introduce itself to Fairfax City tomorrow (Thursday). The event will kick off at 5 p.m. with a ribbon-cutting, followed by a meet-and-greet with six professional pickleball players visiting from around the country.
Restonians now have a chance to own a piece of their community’s history. Reston Museum, which is located at Lake Anne Plaza, will hold a raffle over the next month…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Great Clips at South Lakes Village Center (Reston, Virginia) is seeking hair donors to participate in the Wigs for Kids program this Valentines Week. If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to donate your hair for children fighting cancer, we would love to host you in our salon this Valentine’s Week for a free haircut.
Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches
Hair donations must be clean and stored/packaged completely dry.
Hair donations cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted.
Temporary coloring or highlights that wash out are acceptable but must be completely washed out before cutting. Gray hair is accepted.
Participate in the 32nd Annual Van Metre 5K Run, a race that goes further than 3.1 miles, and every stride you take supports Children’s National Hospital. The Van Metre 5K Run donates 100% of proceeds to Children’s National Hospital and