Around Town

FFXnow Daily Debrief for Apr 16, 2024

Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.

🕗 News recap

The following articles were published earlier today — Apr 16, 2024.

📅 Upcoming events

Here is what’s going on Wednesday throughout the county, from our event calendar.

⛈️ Wednesday’s forecast

Expect showers and possible thunderstorms after 5pm, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 72°F. Southeast winds will be 7-10 mph, and there is a 40% chance of precipitation. Wednesday night, showers and thunderstorms are likely before 11pm, followed by mostly cloudy skies and a low of 59°F. The southeast wind will shift to the south, remaining 6-8 mph, and the chance of precipitation increases to 60%. New rainfall amounts will be less than a tenth of an inch, with possible higher amounts in thunderstorms. See more from

🌅 Tonight’s sunset

The MonumentCam screenshot above is used with permission of the Trust for the National Mall and courtesy of EarthCam.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.