The Fairfax County Park Authority’s farmers markets are getting ready for another season.
Led by the Burke Farmers Market on April 16, the 10 markets will reopen throughout late April and the first week of May. This year’s events will feature more vendors than in the past, according to Molly Cullen, a marketing and outreach coordinator for the county.
“We accepted about 20 new vendors, and we have about 80 returning vendors, so you’re sure to find something unique and delicious,” Cullen said in a Channel 16 video.
The county released the schedule for its farmers markets yesterday (Wednesday):
- Mount Vernon: April 20-Dec. 21, 8 a.m. to noon, at the Sherwood Library (2501 Sherwood Hall Lane)
- Oak Marr: May 4-Nov. 9, 8 a.m. to noon, at the Oak Marr Recreation Center (3200 Jermantown Road)
- Wakefield: May 4-Oct. 26, 2-6 p.m., at Wakefield Park (8100 Braddock Road)
- Annandale: May 5-Nov. 3, 8 a.m. to noon, at Mason District Park (6621 Columbia Pike)
- Herndon: April 28-Nov. 3, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., in Old Town Herndon by the Red Caboose (700 block of Lynn St.)
- McLean: May 6-Nov. 11, 8 a.m. to noon, at Lewinsville Park (1659 Chain Bridge Road)
- Kingstowne: May 6-Oct. 28, 3-7 p.m. in the Giant parking lot (5870 Kingstowne Towne Center)
- Burke: April 16-Dec. 17, 8 a.m. to noon, in the VRE parking lot (5671 Roberts Parkway)
- Reston: April 30-Dec. 3, 8 a.m. to noon, at Lake Anne Village Center (1609-A Washington Plaza)
- Lorton: May 1-Nov. 20, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., in the VRE parking lot (8990 Lorton Station Blvd.)
Good Tuesday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 7245 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Richmond Highway (Route 1) has been closed off to traffic in the Hybla Valley area for over eight hours now due to a woman who has barricaded herself in a…
Fairfax County fared well overall in recently released rankings of the best places to live in America, but it couldn’t quite compete with neighboring Loudoun County. Fairfax County was named…
Redevelopment proposals in the Merrifield area will likely get high-priority consideration by Fairfax County planners, as the county nears the finish line of its reconfigured site-specific plan amendment (SSPA) process….
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
McLean Volunteer Fire Department-Inova Blood Drive
MVFD has teamed up with Inova Blood Donor Services for a blood drive on Friday, March 31, in our lower parking lot at 1455 Laughlin Avenue. The blood drive will run from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. Please consider making
Van Metre 5K Run
Calling all serious runners, occasional joggers, and weekend walkers of all levels! Participate in the 31st Annual Van Metre 5K Run supporting Children’s National Hospital–the event that goes a long way!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023