The weekend is almost here. Before you finalize predictions for your Oscars pool or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Fairfax County approves fines for running bamboo, starting next year
- Private trash hauler reduces pickups across Fairfax County
- Reston-based taco spot expands to Chantilly
- More homes could replace Reston office buildings on Sunset Hills Road
- After alleged stabbings, Reston woman shot and killed by Loudoun County sheriff’s deputy
- Vienna Police: School bus driver reports tailgating, assault by teens
- Report: Reston Town Center pavilion, fountain to get major upgrades
- Fast casual Indian restaurant coming to Mosaic District
- FCPS expands ban on restraints, set to fully end student seclusions
- Police seek help identifying persons of interest in Herndon assault
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
Trips on the Dulles Toll Road could get costlier next year. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority‘s Board of Directors is considering a plan to raise tolls by an average of…
Work to expand the I-495 Express Lanes to the north is only just warming up, but the Virginia Department of Transportation is now turning its attention to the southern end…
The parking lots at WillowWood Plaza in Fairfax City may become the site of a future mixed-use development — a familiar storyline for parking nowadays. Capital Real Estate, a Colorado-based…
Thousands of people are expected to descend on Lewinsville Park Saturday (May 21) for the first full-fledged McLean Day since the COVID-19 pandemic began. After getting canceled in 2020 and…