The weekend is almost here. Before you saddle up for Frying Pan Farm Park’s inaugural horse expo or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- JUST IN: Fairfax County firefighter dies from work-related cancer
- Rotating car station coming to Boston Properties’ Reston Town Center expansion
- Crews to raze office building, clearing way for more housing near Wiehle-Reston East
- ‘Dirty soda’ shop coming to Vienna in May, bringing sweet refreshments
- Springfield man dies after three-vehicle crash, the fifth pedestrian killed this year
- JUST IN: Teen charged in fatal crash on Georgetown Pike was speeding, police say
- County board to reduce real estate tax rate, though bills will still go up
- Here’s the new plan to redevelop the Commons of McLean apartments
- Covid cases in Fairfax County rise to mid-February levels
- Lidl readies for summer opening in McLean, with more stores coming
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
CitySwing, a golf facility designed for people of all skill levels, plans to open at Reston Town Center in the first quarter of next year. The facility at 11897 Market…
Local Republicans nominated Karina Lipsman on Saturday (May 21) to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the June 21 Democratic…
Jollibee has confirmed that it plans to open its fried chicken chain in Chantilly some time this year. The popular restaurant will open at 4406 Chantilly Shopping Center in space…
Land ho! After over two years of anticipated arrivals dashed against the rocky shores of the COVID-19 pandemic and various construction-related challenges, Shipgarten will dock at last in Scotts Run…