The weekend is almost here. Before you grab some Mother’s Day chocolate or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Long-standing Fairfax County family car wash business sells locations
- Silver Line extension opening date, cause of heat issue remain elusive
- Fairfax County has seen 11 rabies cases this year, none among foxes
- Amazon grants $55M to Tysons all-affordable housing project
- Bow Tie Cinemas shutters in Reston, putting popular senior movie days on hold
- New chicken spot to open in Pan Am Shopping Center
- Women’s clothing store Chico’s closes in Reston Town Center
- Yu Noodles shop opens in the Town of Herndon
- Big Buns to open on Elden Street in the Town of Herndon this year
- Fairfax County now averaging over 300 Covid cases a day
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
The McLean Community Center saw a noticeable uptick in participation for its latest governing board election. A total of 2,504 ballots were cast to determine three new adult board members…
For a second year in a row, ArtsFairfax will hold its annual celebration of the local arts community on Oct. 28 at Capital One Hall, which also happens to be…
CitySwing, a golf facility designed for people of all skill levels, plans to open at Reston Town Center in the first quarter of next year. The facility at 11897 Market…
Local Republicans nominated Karina Lipsman on Saturday (May 21) to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the June 21 Democratic…