The weekend is almost here. Before you take your roller skates out for a spin or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Police: Nunchucks used in Reston assault
- NEW: Whole Foods Market to open in Springfield Plaza
- Proposed Reston Town Center arts facility could cost up to $81 million, report says
- Bear spotted around Belle Haven, crossing GW Parkway
- Vienna Police: Construction noise issues go to court and a slap heard around Dunkin’ Donuts
- Metro to announce ‘operational readiness’ of Silver Line Phase 2 soon
- Bar and lounge to open soon at Reston’s Faraday Park
- After deadly Oakton crash, officials take new look at Blake Lane safety concerns
- Morning Poll: Will you miss the annual Celebrate Fairfax festival?
- Juneteenth 2022: What’s open and closed in Fairfax County for the holiday
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
A dog was chained up and shot this morning in the residential neighborhood behind the Woodlawn Shopping Center in Mount Vernon, police say. Officers responded to the area of Bedford…
The Rotary Club of McLean will peer back into the colonial era this weekend for its 11th annual chocolate festival. Set to return this Sunday (Jan. 29), the McLean Chocolate…
The Herndon Festival will return this year in the summer, bringing back a tradition that was scaled back to a carnival last year. The festival is set to take place…
Fairfax County is again asking the state for money to offset anticipated reductions in resident vehicle tax payments. At a meeting on Tuesday (Jan. 24), the Board of Supervisors unanimously…
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at email@example.com.