Independence Day weekend is almost here. Before you prepare for the oncoming barrage of fireworks or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- NEW: Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse for Arlington’s HQ2
- FCPD can again stop drivers for loud exhaust systems, under new Virginia law
- New Outback Steakhouse opens in Herndon next week
- Where to celebrate Fourth of July, watch fireworks in Fairfax County
- Starting July 1, Virginia will permit alcohol deliveries, frown on arrest quotas, and other new laws
- Police investigate arson, graffiti related to Roe v. Wade at Reston church
- UPDATED: Police barricade Groveton apartment after shooting, but suspect not found
- J.R.’s Stockyards Inn, Tysons’ original steakhouse, has been demolished
- Latin street food spot to open on Halloween in Reston’s Plaza America
- Cardboard regatta turns to Lake Anne after two-year hiatus
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer and employee “experience management,”…
Tysons Galleria’s commitment to serving up high-end retail continues with the recent arrival of three new clothing stores. A boutique from Italian fashion house Dolce & Gabbana is now open…
Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint It! Fairfax, was introduced at a Fairfax County Board…
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING brings people a fast, affordable, and high-quality solution for all of their interior or exterior residential and commercial painting projects. We respect your time as much as you do and provide the quality paint job you expect, in a timeline that is unexpected.
Schedule a consult today:
Are you interested in improving your running or race time?
Are you looking to build a social circle with healthy activities like running.
If this is you check out our new running club in West Springfield. At our running club our goal is to improve fitness and have fun.
Dispose of Documents Securely in an Environmentally Responsible Way!
Gather your paperwork in boxes or bags (no plastics please). Limit your papers to what can fit in one passenger vehicle. Documents go straight from you into the secure mobile shredding