The weekend is almost here. Before you check out the Richmond Highway corridor’s first parklet or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Undeveloped site on Route 50 could become data center or warehouse
- Woman killed in crash near Fairfax Towne Center, capping deadly week for local pedestrians
- Teen in hospital with serious injuries from accidental BB gun shooting in McLean
- NEW: Two killed in moped crash on Dulles Toll Road in Wolf Trap
- New Lorton Community Center is now open, joining renovated library and park
- Police: Man shot at officers and led chase from Arlington to West Falls Church
- Fairfax County School Board commits to supporting transgender students, as community speaks out
- Fairfax County could introduce speed enforcement cameras with pilot next year
- Police search underway for missing woman, last seen in Reston
- Man killed on I-95 in Springfield by driver who tried to flee, police say
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 11171 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in Reston. Reston Association will not challenge the Oct. 26 vote by the Fairfax County…
Thousands of lanterns will take over Lerner Town Square at Tysons II this winter. Based in New York City, the Winter Lantern Festival will bring over 10,000 Chinese-style lanterns to…
Open Houses includes a 5 BD/3.5 BA renovated home with a two car garage, fireplace and fenced backyard.
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Art House 7 is a small art studio in Arlington – offering instruction in painting, ceramics, sewing and more. We are looking for kind, dedicated people who love both creating and teaching.
Ceramic Teachers are needed to teach wheel-throwing to adults and 6-12th graders and to teach hand building to elementary grades. Classes have 3-8 students.
Drawing teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. For kids, we offer cartooning, manga or traditional drawing. For adults, we only offer traditional drawing.
Painting teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. We offer oil, acrylic or watercolor for adults or teens. All elementary classes use acrylic and tempera.
The Reston Chorale presents The Wonder of the Season, featuring Jody Marshall on hammered dulcimer. It’s a musical holiday treat for the entire family! Two performances at 4 and 7:30 pm, Reston Community Center/Hunters Woods, 2310 Colts Neck Road. A