Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 11171 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Dec 2, 2022)…
- NEW: Abrupt Haulin’ Trash closure sends county residents scrambling for new collector
- Comstock angles to redevelop Koons auto dealerships in Tysons
- Winter Lantern Festival will light up Tysons this month in D.C. area debut
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- UPDATED: One dead after multiple vehicle crash in Tysons shuts down Beltway (15038 views)
- Roofing company to relocate from McLean to Reston, bringing 400 jobs (5344 views)
- Police: FCPS instructional assistant stole over $10K from Chantilly Target (5116 views)
- Mixed-use ‘donut’ building floated to replace Idylwood shopping center (4438 views)
- NEW: Developers propose turning Reston’s golf courses into open space with housing (3514 views)
- Pedestrian killed in crash on Route 29 outside Centreville shopping centers (2679 views)
- Electronics trading store to open in Reston’s Home Depot Center (2483 views)
- BREAKING: Man killed by SUV after collision on I-495, closing toll lanes (2227 views)
- Fairfax County warns budget could be ‘challenging’ due to slowing real estate market, rising staff costs (2052 views)
- FCPD takes person into custody after shooting in Mount Vernon (1966 views)
- NEW: Abrupt Haulin’ Trash closure sends county residents scrambling for new collector (6674 views)
- GW Parkway road diet and Mount Vernon Trail widening proposed in southern Fairfax County (1564 views)
- Jason’s Deli to close after 14 years in Idylwood due to rising rent (1539 views)
- Fairfax County considers turning vacant commercial space into emergency homeless shelters (1483 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 8:30 am: 6th Annual Candy Cane Kids’ Fun
- 10:00 am: Gifts from the HeART Shopping Event
- 10:00 am: Gingerbread House Competition
- 10:00 am: Breakfast with Santa
- 10:00 am: Holiday Maker Market – Free Family Fun and Shopping
- 10:00 am: Used Book Sale at Tysons-Pimmit Library
- 10:00 am: Herndon Holiday Model Train Show
- 11:30 am: Reston Town Center Holiday Performances
- 11:30 am: Gift Making: Holiday Ornament
- 4:00 pm: Miscellaneous Fantasy: A Solo Exhibition by Ruby Rawi
- 👉 4:00 pm: The Wonder of the Season
- 7:30 pm: The Wonder of the Season
- 7:30 pm: Holiday Wonders with the McLean Symphony
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Rain in the morning and afternoon. High of 60 and low of 32. Sunrise at 7:12 am and sunset at 4:48 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Fairfax County is looking for artists to contribute to a COVID-19 memorial. The project is spearheaded by ArtsFairfax, the county’s official arts agency, after planning started nearly a year ago….
Reston Association’s Board of Directors filled an at-large seat vacated by board member Glenn Small in November. At a Thursday (Jan. 26) night meeting, the board voted to select Travis…
Big Buns Damn Good Burgers has arrived in McLean. The regional burger chain opened its newest location at 1336 Chain Bridge Road on Jan. 16, a spokesperson told FFXnow. “We…
A music festival celebrating LGBTQ artists is coming to Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts this summer. In its first programming announcement for the upcoming season, the Wolf…
Need help dealing with anxiety, depression or stress?
If you’re struggling to cope with anxiety, depression or stress, our virtual psychotherapy services can help. We offer a confidential and convenient service that’s tailored to your needs.
In our practice, cognitive behavioral therapy (or CBT) is an important tool we use to provide effective relief for those facing anxiety and depression. We believe that cognitive change can be used to improve behaviors and emotions, thus allowing you to achieve mental wellness. By understanding the cognitive distortions that lead to negative thought patterns, we are able to create interventions tailored to each of our clients. This empowering approach can help you gain control of how your own thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors impact your experience. With CBT, our service provides an effective treatment that can bring long-term change and mental stability.
Book a free consultation today and see how we can help you live a happier and healthier life.
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.