Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 4621 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jan 6, 2023)…
- Police: Bicyclist runs into box truck in Annandale, taken to hospital
- County files plan for redevelopment of Fairfax’s judicial complex
- California firm leases data center space in Reston
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- DEVELOPING: Motorcyclist seriously injured in Seven Corners crash (5276 views)
- NEW: Paul French Bakery and Cafe coming to Vienna (3116 views)
- JUST IN: Glen Forest ES assistant charged with assaulting student with disabilities (2562 views)
- Daycare provider at Montessori school in Herndon arrested for assaulting toddler (2176 views)
- Residential mid-rise could replace office building on Dulles Technology Drive (1806 views)
- Jewelry store robbery led to another gun scare at Tysons Corner Center (1737 views)
- FCPD officer accidentally broadcasts ‘audio porn’ over police radio (1559 views)
- County’s running bamboo ordinance takes effect with potential fines (1341 views)
- Youngkin calls for investigation of Thomas Jefferson HS over delayed student award notices (1179 views)
- Developer requests more density for future townhouses by Tysons-Pimmit library (1064 views)
- Burlington clothing store coming to Springfield Town Center this year (904 views)
- Fairfax County rec centers, golf courses and more could get pricier this year (803 views)
- Ornery Beer Company Public House plans new restaurant in Herndon (666 views)
- Effort to relocate cell tower by I-495 in McLean still ongoing (542 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
🌤 Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 43 and low of 34. Sunrise at 7:29 am and sunset at 5:04 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Friday night’s performance by comedian Nate Bargatze is expected to draw the largest crowd ever to EagleBank Arena on the Fairfax campus of George Mason University, according to Monumental Sports…
Reston Association has adopted a new strategic plan that aims to continue the vision of Reston’s founder Bob Simon over the next three years.
A 93-year-old woman died earlier this week from injuries she sustained in a car crash on Leesburg Pike (Route 7) in Bailey’s Crossroads, police say. Gladys Bilbao, a Falls Church…
Great Clips at South Lakes Village Center (Reston, Virginia) is seeking hair donors to participate in the Wigs for Kids program this Valentines Week. If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to donate your hair for children fighting cancer, we would love to host you in our salon this Valentine’s Week for a free haircut.
Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches
Hair donations must be clean and stored/packaged completely dry.
Hair donations cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted.
Temporary coloring or highlights that wash out are acceptable but must be completely washed out before cutting. Gray hair is accepted.
Peace in Gaza: Prayer Liturgy and Community Discussion for Peace in Arlington VA, Sunday, Feb. 11, 10:15 AM
Prayer, liturgy, and community discussion for peace in Gaza, an immediate cease fire and resumption of humanitarian aid will be hosted by Nova Catholic Community. The focus will be Pope Francis’ call for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, resumption of humanitarian aid for Palestinians in Gaza, and peace talks for a lasting and just peace for all people in the region.
Discussion will follow at Noon on US military role in the conflict and appropriate steps the US should take to foster peace and rebuilding. Light lunch served.
The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Active Bystander Certification course, also known as Active Bystander, is the premier training program to prepare civilians for how to respond during an intentional violent event and to address life-threatening emergencies.
Similar to FEMA’s