Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 7389 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jan 13, 2023)…
- Chocolate Lovers Festival returning to Fairfax for the first time since the pandemic
- Man wanted in possible arson of Reston home
- Last Polar Dip returns for 15th year at Lake Anne Plaza
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Two teens killed, one hospitalized after car drives off Fairfax Station road (11767 views)
- Report: Tatte Bakery to open in Reston Town Center (4400 views)
- What Fairfax County restaurants to hit up for Restaurant Week (3517 views)
- Police: Man stabs parents at home in McLean, killing stepfather (2946 views)
- Gunshots fired near Vienna Giant came during family dispute, police say (2922 views)
- Dave’s Hot Chicken to heat up Tysons with first Virginia restaurant (2653 views)
- Panera Bread shutters Tysons Corner Center location for good (2506 views)
- Reston teen arrested and charged in connection to Sterling shooting (2118 views)
- Chocolate Lovers Festival returning to Fairfax for the first time since the pandemic (2173 views)
- Developer duo pitch more housing on Rock Hill Road in Herndon (1006 views)
- Community meetings set to discuss Reston redevelopment proposals (927 views)
- County seeks feedback on reductions in parking requirements, overhaul of policy (917 views)
- Neighborhood Expert: Down payment assistance programs in Virginia (872 views)
- Cut-through traffic policy update could help county residents access their homes during rush hour (825 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: MLK Community Service Projects
- 1:00 pm: January Open House
- 2:00 pm: Book Signing with P. O’Connell Pearson
- 7:30 pm: ColorLove Exhibit Reception at Falls Church Arts-7:30 pm Jan 14
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 39 and low of 27. Sunrise at 7:27 am and sunset at 5:11 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place in March. Specifically, two at-large director seats…
Zombies, pirates and other virtual characters are about to be unleashed on Tysons, just in time for Christmas. Sandbox VR will launch its new virtual reality gaming experience at 1656…
Do the holidays have you stressed and busy? Worry not about what to wear as Live Fairfax has the Style Survival Guide for this season!
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
Proceeds benefit Fellowship Square, improving the lives of 800+ older adults with very limited income and resources by providing affordable housing and supportive services.
Experience a festive holiday fundraiser complete with savory wines & craft beers, scrumptious hors d’oeuvres, exciting