Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 8574 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (May 19, 2023)…
- Reston Town Center’s falcons have their own live webcam now
- Apple’s expanded Tysons store opens today with new location and design
- Vienna Police arrest man for alleged sexual assault of juvenile at local park
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- BREAKING: Rep. Gerry Connolly’s staff members assaulted in Fairfax City (121770 views)
- JUST IN: Woman shot in Hybla Valley (6232 views)
- First section of new I-66 Parallel Trail will open in Vienna area today (4699 views)
- New trail to Herndon Metro Station finished ahead of schedule (4042 views)
- Plan to convert bank in South Lakes Village Center on hold (2892 views)
- Herndon man arrested for three armed robberies in Sterling over two days (2331 views)
- New tea spot is coming to Worldgate Centre in Herndon (2288 views)
- Metro: Over 1 million people have ridden Silver Line Phase 2 so far (2194 views)
- Email sent to Oakton HS cheerleading coach suggests racist culture, NAACP says (1654 views)
- Rideshare driver killed in crash with deer on Dulles Access Road in Tysons (1544 views)
- FCPS proposes to update dress code and more severely punish substance misuse (1351 views)
- Man arrested after ramming trooper vehicle during Route 1 police pursuit (1176 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 11:00 am: Cars & Coffee x Fast & the Furious 10 ShowPlace ICON Theatre Event at The Boro
- 1:00 pm: Braddock Bark
- 2:00 pm: “On the Plaza” Art Reception
- 4:00 pm: Double Your Fun!
⛈️ Saturday’s forecast
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 50%.At night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a chance of showers between 11pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place in March. Specifically, two at-large director seats…
Zombies, pirates and other virtual characters are about to be unleashed on Tysons, just in time for Christmas. Sandbox VR will launch its new virtual reality gaming experience at 1656…
Do the holidays have you stressed and busy? Worry not about what to wear as Live Fairfax has the Style Survival Guide for this season!
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.