Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 6232 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jun 16, 2023)…
- Vienna Police called after man grabs boy for interrupting baseball game
- JUST IN: Man sentenced to life in prison for 2016 killings of Springfield couple
- Plans for a skating rink at the Mosaic District put on hold indefinitely
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- BREAKING: Man dies by suicide after shooting and stabbing in Reston, police say (7406 views)
- Indoor climbing gym with yoga studio coming to Fair Oaks Mall (5357 views)
- Persian restaurant is opening in Chef Geoff’s former Tysons space (2790 views)
- New private elementary school for Muslim youth may be coming to Reston (2384 views)
- Falls Church advances East End revitalization plan as Vietnamese locals fear displacement (2301 views)
- NEW: Starr Hill Brewery to expand in Tysons with new pub (1925 views)
- Marketing manager from Reston to compete on Jeopardy! (1793 views)
- County-owned West Falls Church and Bailey’s Crossroads sites may become affordable housing (1725 views)
- Barnes & Noble is now open in Reston after closing a decade ago (1448 views)
- New summer concert series coming to the Mosaic District (1070 views)
- Bond revoked for alleged driver in Tysons theft, police pursuit case (808 views)
- Springfield’s Lego Discovery Center has an opening date (782 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 7:00 am: JMCA Community Yard Sale
- 8:00 am: St. Barnabas’ Yard Sale
- 👉 10:30 am: Unveiling of West Ford historical highway marker
- 1:00 pm: Author Talk: Katharine Schellman and Stacie Murphy
- 4:30 pm: 3rd Annual Juneteenth BBQ and Potluck
☀️ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Northwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. At night: Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
More than 75,000 workers at health care giant Kaiser Permanente are set to strike on Wednesday. The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions’ contract with the health system expired on Saturday…
The vacant Fuddruckers building along Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road) in Fairfax City may not be standing for much longer. The site at 3575 Chain Bridge Road, which has been…
Reston Association’s Board of Directors has formally come out in opposition to the possibility of a casino near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station. In a statement released yesterday (Monday), RA…
Coming on the heels of celebrations in Tysons, Oktoberfest is set for a raucous return to the Town of Vienna this weekend. Vienna Oktoberfest will take over Church Street for…
Explore your creative side this fall at Art House 7 with our Fall 2 Session of art classes beginning October 30th. Whether you’re a budding artist or looking to unleash your artistic potential with something new, there’s a class for everyone!
Short and Drop-In Classes:
Dive into creativity with our short-term offerings, including a 3-week still-life painting course, a 3-week knitting class, a 5-week Painting the Portrait and Figure workshop led by acclaimed local artist Danni Dawson, and a mesmerizing 4-week exploration of Japanese Suminagashi and modern paper marbling. Plus, we have a drop-in class specially designed for parents and toddlers (2-4 years old) to introduce them to the world of art.
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting