The weekend is almost here. Before you start working on an elaborate drag costume or head to bed for some much-needed sleep after avoiding those pranksters, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Google announces $300M investment in Virginia from Reston office
- Two Tysons-based companies ranked among top 10 places to work in U.S.
- JUST IN: Stakeout leads to arrest in overnight burglaries at Northpoint Village Shopping Center
- Rise in cut-through traffic becomes dicey issue for Town of Herndon
- Key Route 7 intersection to open this spring, as road widening continues
- Person rescued from fire at 122-year-old Vienna home on Saturday
- Fairfax County School Board chooses new superintendent, despite protests
- Crews to raze office building, clearing way for more housing near Wiehle-Reston East
- Herndon HS cracks down on ‘all-time high’ student cell phone use
- ‘Take a Break’ summer concert series moves to Reston Station
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
Join the Schar School Virtual Open House June 8 and enroll for fall semester before registration ends July 15.
Memorial Day weekend is almost here. Before you start planning how to spend the holiday or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in…
(Updated at 3:40 p.m.) While the weather has died down for now, almost 800 people in Fairfax County lost electricity when a thunderstorm passed through the D.C. region this morning,…
With summer on the horizon, visitors are expected to flock to Scott’s Run Nature Preserve in McLean, but the Fairfax County Park Authority is warning now: leave the coolers, alcohol,…