Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 7258 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Feb 17, 2023)…
- Dozens of white supremacist flyers found in McLean neighborhoods
- NEW: Great Falls is getting its first Virginia ABC store
- Creator of ‘1619 Project’ will address Virginia’s role in American racism at McLean talk on Sunday
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Mike’s American Grill in Springfield closes temporarily after Valentine’s Day fire (16561 views)
- Springfield’s Lake Accotink shouldn’t be dredged, but allowed to become a wetland, report says (5753 views)
- UPDATED: Person dies after being dragged by Metro train in Dunn Loring (5172 views)
- Police: Man arrested after stabbing on Fairfax Connector bus in Tysons (3374 views)
- Groundbreaking of new bridge over Wiehle Avenue set for next month (2880 views)
- Jiwa Singapura will open tonight at Tysons Galleria, mixing fine dining with street food (2182 views)
- Paris Baguette to open Herndon location this year (2113 views)
- Tysons office building by Freedom Hill ES targeted for conversion to housing (1744 views)
- Electronics resale shop to open in Reston, giving away PlayStation 5 (1575 views)
- Bed Bath & Beyond prepares to close three Fairfax County locations (1212 views)
- Person caught in Clifton house fire is critically injured (952 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 2:00 pm: Active Assailant Preparedness Training
- 2:00 pm: Make Your Own Bath Bombs Workshop by AubScents @ Craftspace Chantilly
- 3:00 pm: Paper Quilling (Paw Print) Workshop @ Craftspace Chantilly
- 7:00 pm: Mt Vernon Children’s Theatre – As You Like It!
- 👉 7:30 pm: Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra of Greater Washington
🌤 Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 46 and low of 37. Sunrise at 6:58 am and sunset at 5:51 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Wednesday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 8631 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Some transportation projects on the horizon have sparked excitement among the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors over potential transit improvements. Visualize 2050 is a federally-mandated long-range transportation plan with an…
(Updated at 3:20 p.m.) A New Jersey store that specializes in full-length dresses and other clothes for women has expanded its reach into Tysons Corner Center. Moda Natty opened a…
Bus stop improvements are proposed at the intersection of Wiehle Avenue and North Shore Drive in Reston. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation is working on a design for the…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
McLean Volunteer Fire Department-Inova Blood Drive
MVFD has teamed up with Inova Blood Donor Services for a blood drive on Friday, March 31, in our lower parking lot at 1455 Laughlin Avenue. The blood drive will run from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. Please consider making
Van Metre 5K Run
Calling all serious runners, occasional joggers, and weekend walkers of all levels! Participate in the 31st Annual Van Metre 5K Run supporting Children’s National Hospital–the event that goes a long way!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023